Friday, June 4, 2010

Ding! Radishes Are Done!

What an exciting and rewarding surprise, our radishes were ready to be harvested today. I was surprised to discover just how fast radishes grew. Since sowing them in april, it has taken them forty-one days to mature. After an afternoon spent in the garden doling out some TLC, and with a huge smile on my face, I ran my fingers under the muddy soil (just finished watering), extracting each of the bright red roots. I felt like a kid on a very muddy easter egg hunt. It was fantastic. A very happy and rewarding moment to say the least. Now, we can't wait for the rest of the garden to catch up. Pictured below are our freshly harvested radishes. Shown in the picture is about half of our total crop.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I'm SO impressed with your blog Roger! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete